Sunday, July 26, 2009

Process

This whole working-out, getting back into shape thing is such a long term process that sometimes it is really overwhelming. Didnt make it to the gym on Friday, but did manage to attempt a pilates DVD at home assisted by my 2 monsters. Friday night was my last hip hop class and it was totally killer. I am still sore from several quick trips to the floor that the choreography required. Saturday I skipped out again to go get my hair done. And I must say that it was a way better choice for the day. In liu of making daily gym trips, I am trying really hard to eat healthy to help promote weight loss. Not that it works every day... or anyday, but at least I am making conscience decisions to eat cookies.

I am starting to feel a little hint of my old dancer body returning. While teaching, I am able to connect with my pelvic shelf and feel my core engage in a way that I haven't felt in YEARS. Its a great feeling and reassurance that I am heading in the right direction..

No comments:

Post a Comment