Saturday, July 4, 2009

Feel the Burn

My sister has decided that she wants to be a hip hop dancer; and of course, she is dragging me into it. After scoping out the hip hop classes at the dance studio we both teach at, she finally found one that looked like it could be at our level and talked me into going with her. She gave me no preface of the class, but, with us both being classically trained dancers and not naturally inclined towards this style, I assumed it would not be the advanced class.

I geared up, got all excited, and walked into... the little kid beginning class. Well long story short, the class was exactly our level. And it was one of the best workouts I've had all month. We learned a routine that was exceptionally challenging for me; I pretty much looked like an elephant ballerina trying to be tough doing hip hop. We documented the experience on my sis's Flip, but it is yet to be determined whether this should ever be released to the world wide web.

After all was said and done, I had a pretty exhausting day after a 60 min Power Pilates class, teaching 2 hours of ballet, followed by hip hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment