Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week's Review

This week's health conscience activities have included:

Swimming Laps: I am always glad that I have the skill-set to swim laps. Thank you impromptu joining of the high school swim team so many years ago. A swim suit and goggles are the bare essentials of this activity, and you can pretty much pack those anywhere. I swam about 15 laps in 25 minutes, which is pretty sucky slow, but it was pretty much a rough day and just felt good to move.

Zumba: Still a favorite. Now that I most likely am going to become a Zumba teacher, I have been studying the teacher's methods and deciding what to incorporate into my teaching. This week the class went very fast and I like to think its because I am getting so toned.

Yoga...oops nope Swimming Laps: Good thing I have those swimming bare essentials in my gym bag because when I showed up at the gym in flip flops and with yoga mat, I was informed that the class had been cancelled. Decided to swim instead, and it was glorious. I went a lot faster this time, doing 30 laps in about 20 minutes. I was really feeling the burn in my arms by the end.

Pilates: This class was the typical laying-on-the-floor-burning-the-core type class I was hoping for. And my core did burn by the first 7 minutes. So did my hip flexors, thighs, rotators, butt, and hanstrings. It was crazy hard and awesomely good-feeling all at the same time.

Hip Hop: Week 3 of hip hop has me feeling a lot more comfortable with the routine and finding my non-ballering-gangsta self. Of course, I still look like a ballerina trying to be cool. And the teacher made fun of me multiple times for just that. But it was awesome. I am just a bit sad that I most likely will not be able to continue this in the fall. The class time becomes awfully inconvienent, so next week might be the end for a while.

Cardio Shadow Boxing: This class killed me. Alternating 6 minute sets of cardio and boxing. My first time impressions of this class is that it was crazy hard (I was pouring sweat head to toe) but maybe not the format that best fits me. There was music playing and we did the cardio sections to the music, but the boxing sets were completely against the music; I had a very hard time handling that. I might try the class again, but wont be heart broken if it never happens.

So overall, its been a pretty decent active week. And I am tired and very much sore all over and it feels wonderful. I weighed in this morning and am up +2lbs. ARG! But I am hoping heavier shoes and clothes factors in and hopefully I am still even with last weeks weight. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment